Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Black Bent Pocket Tadpole nose warmer Tobacco Pipe by Rex Walden

After making my first small "fish-shaped" (looks a bit like a pollywog or tadpole) pipe, modeled originally after a "blockhead" nosewarmer (it does have somewhat flat or paneled sides, I had a lot of interest from the pipe smoking community online.

The shape has a defined but short tail and rounded bowl with smooth rim matched with a snub ebonite bit complete with a big white dot.  I decided to make this one smaller than usual and planned on keeping it for myself :-).  The pipe has a less aggressive rustication with a light blast, finished with a double black finish.

I gave it a whirl last night, and boy what a nice pipe it is to hold in the teeth while pipe making.   I have had a few more requests for this pipe and will complete some orders for customers in Scandinavia in the coming summer months.  Kept by me and added to my collection of shop and travel pieces.  Made in May 2014.


Black Tadpole nose warmer pocket-pipe tobacco pipe by Rex Walden

Black Tadpole nose warmer pocket-pipe tobacco pipe by Rex Walden
Black Tadpole nose warmer pocket-pipe tobacco pipe by Rex Walden

No comments:

Post a Comment